Yesterday Chloe and I were playing in the backyard. I was taking a video of her while she just kinda ran around. In our backyard, there is quite a big drop off (for a one year old) between one part of the lawn and the other. Well, I was concentrating on the video so much that I hadn't noticed how close Chloe had come to the edge of the drop off. Usually when she comes to it though, she waits for me to come help her down. So when I did notice, I wasn't too worried and just called out to her to wait. Apparently she thought she didn't need my help anymore though because she just decided to walk straight off. Oh my gosh!!!! I think my heart stopped. She did a nose dive right into the cement of the basketball court. Thankfully she had one of her ever faithful stuffed animals in her arms (her birthday butterfly), and it broke her fall. Instead of her face crashing into the hard cement, it just landed softly on her butterfly's head. Man, was I ever grateful for guardian angels!!!!!!! Scary moment. But she's okay, and I think the best part is that I have it all on video. :)
On to the next "thing." I can now OFFICIALLY say that Chloe has a first word. It's not of those, "Well, I think she's saying this," or "She says the word, but I don't think she knows what it means." She says "Nana" for banana, and she knows EXACTLY what she's talking about. She LOVES bananas!!! The other day, I gave her a banana and let her just scoop up the chunks in her high chair while I got my own breakfast in the kitchen. The next second, I looked over at her, and her bananas were already gone! She looked at me and very seriously said, "Nana." hahaha Needless to say, she wanted some more nanas.
Let's see...some "little things:" She has started to try to climb on everything. It's pretty funny to watch her put one leg up and then fall over. She loves to watch "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" in the mornings and sometimes laughs while watching it. She loves to drink water from her sippy cup but also likes to dump it everywhere. She's quite stubborn, and when she doesn't want to smile, it's pretty hard to get her to do it. Sometimes she lets us brush her teeth without a struggle. She knows how to climb up the stairs but she doesn't quite understand the concept of going down yet. She still loves her stuffed animals, and Monkey is her favorite--probably always will be. She LOVES to play outside--just loves to run around and talk to herself. And she always loves to swing--so cute. :)
Well, I think that's all for now. I hope Pedro can remember all of his because he has some good ones. I'll write more soon!









So are you gonna post the video? ;) I'm glad she didn't break her face. I hope she won't have out-grown stuffed animals by the time I get one made for her ... because I am. I've got a super cute pattern and material I want to use. One of these days I'll get it done. ha ha :)
ReplyDelete