The other day, Chloe found a nutri-grain bar in the bottom of the pantry in the kitchen. She brought it to me with such a sweet, pleading look on her face that I thought, "Aw, what the heck" and opened it for her. She walked around all satisfied and adorable, munching away. I was doing something in the kitchen when I heard Aunt Jody sort of whisper, "Sarah, come here, come here!" So, I walked around the corner where the garbage can is, and there was Chloe, lifting up the lid to the garbage can and throwing away her nutri-grain wrapper. Snip-snap, she be a smart one. :) And a cute one, for that matter.
A couple nights ago as I was getting ready for work, I stumbled upon Chloe in the hallway--she had one of Pedro's ties around her neck and was placing one end on top of the other, trying to tie it just like Papai. :) She copies EVERYTHING--even things we have no idea that we do. It's pretty funny--and scary! haha
Pedro reminded me last night of something I don't think I've written here yet. It happened a few weeks ago. Chloe and I were playing outside on the basketball court. Some parts of the court are higher than the grass, and when Chloe's ball rolled off the side, she was a little upset and unsure what to do. She hadn't quite mastered the idea of steps and stairs yet. Well, I showed her once again how to bend down, turn around, and go down the step backwards. She kind of just stared at me for a second, then she hunched down and teetered on her heels a bit, all the while looking at her goal--the ball. She sat there for another second, and then all of a sudden, she started to roll forward from the balls of her feet. It seemed to happen in slow motion, but at the same time, it was so fast I had no time to reach out and grab her. She face-planted right into the grass! I started laughing hysterically!!!! I had to pull myself together enough at least to see if she was okay, but it was pretty hard. She was fine, thank goodness. But man, the image of her slowly falling and face-planting right into the grass will stay with me forever. What a goof! :)
Almost every morning when she wakes up now, and looks at one or more of her stuffed animals and says, "Hiiiii!!!!!" So cute. :)
Her words to date (She has only said most of them once or twice, but it's progress): Hi, doggie, gran-da-ma, vovo, muh (for monkey), bu-fly (butterfly), baby (her favorite teddy bear), beijo, Ana, Nana...I think that's it.
Well, I'm sure there are many more "Chloe things," but those are all I can think of for now. I sure love my baby girl!









Very Cute! I still can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteKids do the darndest things. Chloe is awesome. :)
ReplyDelete