Well, life is crazy. Good, but crazy. Starting yesterday, Pedro is working from 6 am to to 6 pm, and then he gets home around 6:20, and 25 minutes later I run out the door to get to work by 7. It's a good thing I have a couple days off a week, or I think I might not feel married at all!!! I'm not complaining though, I promise. I know there are many people who are in much crazier/worse situations than we are, and I am very grateful for our jobs. I just don't feel like going to work sometimes. :)
What else is new? New things with Chloe, of course! I wrote a bunch of things down that I wanted to blog about, but I don't have them here with me, so I'll just try to remember a few. She is starting to try to talk more lately. Instead of saying "nana," she actually says "banana" sometimes. And she also says "baa-uu" for ball. We've gotten her to say "batata" a couple of times (potato in portuguese). I've heard her say "bye" twice. And....I think that's it for now. But it amazes me how she catches on to things so fast! She does what we do, and she tries to repeat what we say. I guess it really is time I watch my mouth. :)
This last week I started doing weight watchers. And I REALLY love it! It's more like a life change than a diet, and it's not as hard or weird as I thought it might be. I have already lost 6 pounds! So, now I'm only 3 pounds away from my last "I lost weight" weight since we moved here. I went a little food-crazy for a while, but I'm back on track and as determined as ever. The best part is that I can still have a treat once a day or one big free day a week, and so many things I never thought of count as exercise! I don't always have to have "exercise time," you know? I can count mowing the lawn, playing with Chloe, cleaning the house, grocery shopping. It all gets ya movin! The other day I just ran up and down the stairs for a while. Yeah, I could get used to this. :)
If all goes as planned, we are moving into our little duplex sometime around the 1st of September. I am SO excited! It will be so nice to have space of my very own--especially the kitchen. I don't know why that's so important for a woman, but it just is. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it. :) haha
Well, I think that's it for now. I will try to post some pictures soon!









Maybe we can go on walks during the day sometimes or something... since you'll be so close. I need exercise too! :)
ReplyDeleteJealous! (about Lesa's comment) I go walking with some girls here almost every morning. It would be better if it were with you two! That is so awesome that you've lost 6 pounds already ... I lost 20 pounds and now I'm sorta stuck. But I lost that 20 just having the baby and what not. It's not like I had to work for it.(so I'm not bragging about that, just so you know) I've got at least 20 more pounds I want to lose. I definitely need to eat better. Rob made this yummy marshmallow chocolate covered brownies Sunday, and I've been pigging out on them all week. Not good. Anyway! This comment turned out to basically be a letter. Sorry!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like a busy girl! Keep up the good work and let us know if you ever need a babysitter.
ReplyDelete