Well, I took a picture. Wahoo!!! :) For the past few days, I've been trying out my cooking skills. It's been fun. Since I've mastered homemade (delicious) salsa, I've been making it quite a bit. I made a big bowl of it the other day, and since the last time I did that part of it went bad, I decided to become salsa creative. Okay, so not that creative, but so far I've come up with two delicious recipes. First, I made a chicken salsa melt. That consisted of marinating two large chicken breasts, grilling them in a skillet, and then topping them with fresh salsa and a slice of cheese and letting them broil in the oven for a bit. That experiment turned out fabulous, but unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture. Next, I thought, "What else can I make with this darn salsa?" Of course, my obvious choice is Mexican food, right? Hmm...Well, you try finding Mexican food in Brazil! Seriously. I really want to make some super delicious homemade tacos, but since I've run out of flour, that's become a little difficult. Anyway, I thought, "Why not a delicious pasta salad?" So, that's what I made. It was so easy. I cooked noodles, put a little oil on them, mixed them with the salsa and a little extra salt. Wa-lah. But my real feat that I took on today was twice-baked potatoes. I had never made them before, but I was most definitely craving them. So, I took out a recipe and tweeked it a bit. I didn't have green onions, so I just used a regular old white onion. And I also added a little bit of cream cheese. Yummy! They turned out great. Thankfully, Pedro has liked all of my experiments so far. He is so great to always compliment them and eat a lot. :) haha Well, here is a picture of our latest cuisine. Pedro and I made the meat together--I marinated it, and he cooked it. :) Yay! That's all for now. More to come...
P.S. Try to guess which plate is mine and which is his. ;)









Cool. You're so creative. I'm guessing your plate is the one on the right (with all the separated food). :)
ReplyDeleteWow! Excellent! I'm impressed...and now I'm hungry too. I'm gonna go whip up some lunch. And, yours is on the left, right?
ReplyDeleteI love you,
DAD
Hey my girl - wow how impressive - you should be published in a cooking magazine. It looks like you are having a great time experiementing, that is so cool! You will have to make a cook book and pass it on to the rest of us....Love you mom
ReplyDeleteSo, you have to let me know which plate is yours.
ReplyDeleteMy plate is the one on the right. It's a joke because Pedro always makes fun of me for separating my food, whereas he just dumps all his together. :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks really tasty! I wish I was as creative as you!!!! :o)
ReplyDelete