Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chloe's Corner

Well, I told a bunch of people I was gonna put these pictures up, so I'm finally getting to it. A couple weeks ago, Pedro and I painted what we now refer to very affectionately as "Chloe's Corner." She doesn't have her own room, since we're in a one room place, but she does have a wall, and now it's a perfect shade of bubblegum pink. Some people tried to convince me not to paint the wall pink (not Pedro--he agrees with everything haha), but I had the perfect color in mind, and I actually found it, so I stuck with my plan. I think for a while I tried to convince myself that pink was too girly and that I should go with something neutral, but in the end, I gave in to my Barbie side. I actually love pink. It's such a happy color. And after we finished painting Chloe's Corner, I knew I had made the right decision. :) These pictures definitely do not do it justice--the color is much more vibrant in real life, but they'll have to do. Just use your imaginations!
The additions to Chloe's Corner so far are her crib, which Deocles and Pedro took the time to put together for me, and also her dresser. It's not completely finished yet. The drawers in the crib are still being put together, and I haven't gotten to any decorations yet, but these pictures will give you all an idea of what her special corner is going to look like. We can't wait to have our baby girl here with us!!!


The finished wall!

The corner--to go along with our name.

My husband, Vanna White. :)

We are basically professional painters now. Look how good it looks! ;)

Just for Chloe.

Yay!!!

Building the crib...

They worked so hard! :)

I'm so glad they did this, and not me. haha...I would have been so lost.

It took them a bit to get the hang of it all, but when at first you don't succeed, read the instructions.

And then it started looking like a crib!

Meanwhile, I was getting Chloe's first basket of laundry ready.

Definitely very crib-like.

Hey, hon!

And the end--for now. Good job guys! :)


4 comments:

  1. I love it!! What a great team...Team Chloe!! Thanks for posting. I've only been looking for it about 5 times a day since you said you were going to post. We love you guys!

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that you did this! It makes it so perfect. You are so creative and it looks great. I can't wait to see that sweet little girl all snuggly in her corner! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the whole Corner! I love pink and white and the whole thing! Chloe is a really lucky girl.
    (LESA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tender. I love it. Can't wait to see all the decorations. :)

    ReplyDelete