Friday, July 27, 2012

Our Garden

I've been wanting to post this for a while, but you know--good old procrastination... This year we planted our first garden, and I am so excited about it! My dad helped us with all the ins and outs of getting seeds or starter plants, how to plant them, how much water they need, etc. Oh yeah, before we planted anything, we also had to til the ground with nothing but a couple of shovels. Not so fun! But we did it. :) I'm sad we didn't get a before picture of that because the ground was covered in dead grass and weeds, and it was a hard job. So, I was very proud when we got that done. Anyway, we planted some delicious vegetables and had the joy of watching them grow. I have to say, it's very satisfying. And even more satisfying is that we are now eating tomatoes, green beans, peas, and zucchini straight from our own little garden! I love it. :) We are still waiting on the corn, butternut squash, and green peppers, but I'm sure they will be just as delicious. Now, for some pictures...

 This is where we planted some wildflowers and herbs. A couple flowers came up, but no herbs, darnit. No worries though, we'll just try again next year!
 Where we planted the squash
 The corn
 Tomato starter plants
 Green pepper plants, cucumber plants (which I killed, oops!), green beans, and peas
 Zucchini!
 Corn!
 Tomatoes!
 Green beans and peas!

 Zucchini again
 Corn, wahoo!
 Tomatoes
 Got the cages on!
 Green Peppers
 Green beans and peas
 First tomatoes!!!! Soooo exciting!
 Huge zucchini plant, and finally the butternut squash plant popped out!
 Corn! I swear it gets bigger every day!
 Tomatoes! First red one, wahoo!!!!
 Green peppers--slow but sure
 These green beans are SOOOO good!
 Look at that beauty!!!
 So proud of our veggies! :) (Yeah, we totally didn't even notice that we had zucchini, so it got a little big)
It's just so pretty! :) And DELICIOUS. I'm pretty sure there is nothing better than a homegrown tomato. Yum!


1 comment: