Sunday, March 20, 2011

Walking Woman!

So, here is a little bit more about Chloe lately...

-She is walking SO much already!!! She walked around like crazy today, and she's getting better at balancing herself. She already wants to run, and sometimes she tries. It's cute. :) Yesterday we went to a birthday party, and as soon as Chloe saw the colored balloons (some had fallen on the floor), she freaked out and started chasing them everywhere. Of course, she doesn't have perfect balance yet, so she fell a lot, but she didn't care. Once she even face-planted right on top of a pile of balloons and cut her leg on the floor (it was bleeding pretty badly), but she didn't even notice. She was all smiles and just kept trying to get the balloons. :) hahaha I love her.
-3/20/11: We had Stake Conference today, and Vovo (Grandma Granja) was directing the choir, so she was sitting on the stand. After we got settled on our bench, I whispered in Chloe's ear "Cade Vovo?" (Where is Vovo?), and in the same instant, she whipped her head around looked right at Vovo, pointed and smiled. SO SWEET! :) I'm so amazed at how much she already understands, and of course, she just loves her Vovo. :)
-After she sneezes, Chloe always buzzes her lips. I think it's hilarious. I don't know where she picked it up. It must just be a Chloe thing. She's got such a funny personality.
-Whenever she hears someone cough, Chloe always makes coughing sounds afterwards. It cracks me up.
-I'm not sure if I already wrote this or not, but Chloe growls--all the time! She's been doing it since she was like 7 or 8 months old. I really don't know where she got it from, but it's pretty darn funny. Vovo always asks me why she does it, but I don't know. It's just another one of her things, I guess. :)
-Chloe already knows when she is getting into things that she shouldn't be getting into, and she waits for us to see her, and then when we start coming to get her, she smiles and giggles and tries to run away. What a goof! :) Today, for example, she crawled into the kitchen where we couldn't see her (heading toward the garbage can, which she desperately wants to play with), and when Pedro stuck his head around the corner to see what she was doing, she had already stopped dead in her tracks and was looking up at him with a grin on her face. hahaha! Oh man, what are we going to do with this girl?

Well, I think that's all for today. I still can't believe that Chloe is almost a year old. She is growing up so fast. I am so grateful to be her mom. I don't think I do the best job sometimes, but I guess the good thing is that I'm always trying to be better. I hope I can be as good of a mom to her as my mom always has been to me. I am grateful to have such wonderful parents. I know it is a huge responsibility, and I just hope and pray every day that I can learn and grow and be a good mom. I love Chloe so much, and I know she deserves the best!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the stories! And, you're absolutely right about what a great mom you have! Love you guys,

    DAD

    ReplyDelete