Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Again...
Hey everyone. I was planning on writing yesterday, but I felt crappy all day, so now here I am. I'm actually feeling a little bit better today, but I've had a rough go of it the last couple days. Monday night I had another panic attack. I had to put Chloe to bed a little early because I felt awful, and Pedro was at work. Thankfully she was actually really tired and went to sleep. After I got her in bed, I had to lay down myself and try to relax. I was freezing, and my throat was starting to close again, and the pain from my teeth was worse than ever. I tried to call Pedro about a million times, but he didn't answer his phone. When he finally did call me, I got upset because he hadn't answered his phone before, and he knew I was sick (he actually had good excuses, but I really wasn't feeling well, so I wasn't thinking straight). So, basically I started crying, and then I hung up. When he got home, I tried to talk to him, but I started crying again, which made my nose plug up, which made me feel like I couldn't breathe even more, and that's when the second panic attack began. And it was worse than the first one. My hands and arms went completely numb--my hands went into this weird claw position, and I couldn't even move them. And then my lips and chin started to go numb too, and I couldn't really talk....Ugh. It was horrible. Pedro's family almost took me to the hospital because it got so bad and lasted so long, but I didn't want to go SO BADLY that I was able to get myself to calm down. It took a while for the numbness (is that a word?) to go away, but eventually I started to feel okay. I also took medicine for my throat, so that helped too. Anyway....Deocles' diagnosis was either stress (from being afraid of not being able to breathe) and/or taking too much medicine at the same time. I've been taking pain killers for my mouth (wisdom teeth), antibiotics and some other medicine for my infection, a pill for the other problem I've had for a while, and...well, I think that's it, but anyway, it was a lot of medicine. So, yesterday and today Deocles took me off a couple of medications, and I haven't had another panic attack...that's good. I still don't feel completely great, but it seems like the antibiotics are working, and I've actually been able to open my mouth a little wider today and eat a little better. Anyway, I'm sure you all don't need or want to hear about all of this, but I just thought I would update. I really am okay. The last couple days have been miserable, but I think the rest of the week will be okay. I'm not sure when I'm getting my other two wisdom teeth out, but like I said last time, I might come home with a swollen face. I'm not too excited about that, but oh well. I just can't wait to get there! Wahoo!!!!! I can't believe we only have two weeks left....it's so weird! We're getting the house cleaned, and we're also doing a lot of packing. There is still a lot to do, but we'll get it all done. Can't wait to see you all!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Hey... I am so sorry! I'm thinking of you and praying for you (and your family). You'll get through this all and as soon as you get here I'm sure your stress levels will go down and you'll feel a TON better.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I told you ... probably not ... but I had a few panic attacks while I was pregnant with Asher. Freaked me the heck out every time. It was the mental stress on top of all the physical stress ... so what you're going through right now!!!
But you'll get through it. You're tough. :) If you ever need anything let me know. You know we can talk. :)
Love you
You're in our prayers, Sarah Baby! I love you. Hang in there...you can do it! We can't wait to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteLove, DAD